Thursday, April 13th, 7pm
Horton Community Centre, 11794 Hwy 1 Grand Pré
Suggested donation: $5
Bring a healthy snack to share!
Please join us for an evening of conversation. Hear about some of the wonderful projects that are happening in our community, and discover ways to connect and engage! We will be introducing a few of the amazing initiatives in our community!
– Patrica Bishop will share about her Flax to Linen and creating a fiber shed project
– Perry Brant will talk about building a bee friendly community
– Sophie Berube will explain an art collective initiative
– Kathleen Purdy will demonstrate and get us moving with a Jam Dance
– and Lesley Winter will share stories about the beginning of Transition Town in Montreal
And there will be opportunity for people to bring forward ideas for projects they would like to see happen in our community!
What is Transition?
A movement of communities coming together to reimagine and rebuild our world. For more info, please visit our website: www.wolfvilleareatransitioninitiative.ca
About the Dragonfly:
The dragonfly, in almost every part of the world, represents change. Having flown the earth for 300 million years, they symbolize our ability to overcome times of hardship. They can remind us to take time to re-connect with our own strength, courage and happiness.